View Single Post
Unregistered 10:21 PM 12-27-2020
I'm a 19 year old woman who'd never really liked children before I started working with 2 year olds at the school I'm employed at. I've been there a couple months, and it turns out I'm actually really good with children.

I spend ten hours Mon-Fri at work, and I love it so much. I love my job, I love these children. I never expected childcare to bring me such contentment and genuine joy.

But I'm so sad knowing that they are going to move up to the next class soon. I feel like the love I feel for them is more motherly than babysitter... is it normal to feel that attached to your students? Every day I see them grow and learn new words and concepts.

In my heart it feels like I just spontaneously gained 15 children and it feels unnatural for them to be moving away in the world soon. Is it just normal for me as a woman to feel that way about the kids? I'm not about to go crazy kidnapping or sniffing their hair or anything weird like that, but I was just wondering how to cope when you get emotionally attached to your first class?