View Single Post
Unregistered 08:49 AM 05-18-2009
This should have been discussed long before and not after the child started coming to dc. While I would have to agree with the provider here. It is a total disruption to the day when parents come in. Yes, I have an open door policy, does not mean that I want a parent in my work environment everyday.

Parents tend to forget that "this is our job". And just as "your job" would not allow someone to come in and sit for 30 to 45 minutes everyday, I don't want that either at my job.

There are ways to get around this. The mom could pump and bring the milk for the infant each day, or freeze it. I have had many a parent do this.

Please don't continue to say that this provider raises red flags because she said no to this arrangement, I totally understand how this disruption each day can turn quickly into a bad issue. If a mom forgets her things to pump at work, yes, please stop by and feed your baby, but along with this provider, I would not agree to it on a daily basis. Way too disruptive of my day and childcare business. Yes, we are a business just like your employer is.