View Single Post
Countrygal 05:54 AM 07-29-2012
I just had this issue with a dcd. He wanted me to shorten the nap time. This is disruptive to the other children and his child, in particular, seemed to need the nap, usually slept longer than the others, and was extremely hard to waken.

A daycare has a schedule. If a parent asks for one or two children to be different than the others in that schedule it causes problems for everyone. I consider it quite rude and unthoughtful, actually. Why should your three year old only take a 45 min. nap when all the other ones are taking 1 1/2 to 2 hr naps? And what should he do while they are napping? Should he be allowed to wake up everyone else because he is whiney and crying because he was woken up? Can you imagine what it would be like if all four or six are then woken up earlier than they wanted and are all whiney and fussy for the rest of the day???

My kids are all required to lay down for one hour. They always fall asleep and sleep between 1 1/2 and 2 hours. The older ones are allowed to get up after 1 hour whether they sleep or not and do a quiet activity. This is their "special" time without the littles.