View Single Post
SnowGirl 01:05 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I know but speculation only adds unnecessary fluff to the issue. We can speculate all day and still be no closer to the truth than before.

Also there was more than one unregistered and even the one that said she felt Tasha was lying didn't do it in a mean way.

She (or he) merely stated her opinion of the situation and because other's didn't agree... she (or he) was immediately made out to be the bad guy.

The responses of some of the regular registered members was far worse than the unregistered.

There are 3 sides to every story.

In this case;

Tasha's
the DCM's
and the truth.

We aren't privvy to all the details so we only know what Tasha has posted and a user name brings no more validity to her version than anyone else's.

It's only ONE side to the story.

Now I am not saying Tasha is lying at all. I am just saying I am personally astounded at how quickly others will rally when only hearing one side of things.

I don't give weight or merit to anyone just because they gave a user name.
I care only about content posted and facts as they are presented.

Considering different perspectives in every situation is how we learn and grow.

Taking things at face value limits growth and future perspective.
I don't know.

I went back to the thread in question ("Tasha!!!") and reread the conversation.

It wasn't until "unregistered" on that thread just wouldn't let go of the "Tasha is obviously lying and hiding because she can't back up her outlandish story" rhetoric for several posts that people finally started saying "Okay, enough, you're being mean". At first, all the regular posters were not making "unregistered" out to be a bad guy, but questioning where she came to that conclusion based on the evidence in this thread. Yes, they were questioning her logic, but not attacking her.

She came to a thread that was made to check up on and support Tasha, and brought the unkind speculation from this thread over to that one. Perhaps we could have all been more pragmatic about our approach and simply said, "You speculating like that isn't really helpful. We just want to check up on Tasha, not throw anymore speculation out there." And instead people got into a debate about it.

I think the only member who could have approached it more constructively is me (I simply said "Go away troll"). But, I had already read the whole conversation up to that point and I was frustrated that the debate was even a part of that thread. Yes, she's entitled to her opinion, and she has free speech and all of that. But, I feel like she chose the wrong place and thread to continue the unkind speculation. Those of us who debated and/or defended had a right to let "unregistered" know that, too.

I will, however, be more constructive in my feedback to posters I don't particularly agree with in the future.