View Single Post
Unregistered 01:20 PM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Update....

I told her yesterday in a joking manor (but serious) Why WHY WHY suck the life out of Christmas at such a young age. AND I don't mean him, I mean you... DOn't you still want that magical moment when he wakes up xmas morning and see the look on his face for all that santa did??
....just curious, why do you think that NOT promoting Santa is "sucking the life out of Christmas'?

Christmas can be magical and joyous with or without Santa.

I get that the parents don't want to promote lying to their child and by doing that, they are somewhat taking from their child a fun and magical time in a child's life, but in another way, there are all kinds of ways to celebrate christmas that don't include Santa himself.

What I am taking from this issue that mom is having is that they (the parents) don't want to lie to their child but don't mind that you talk about and include Santa in your daycare celebrations.

The problem I would have is that if that is what they choose for their child....then they have a responsibility to make sure the child understands that he may not ruin the magical idea of Santa for the other kids he comes into contact with.

I would be respectful of the fact that they don't want to lie to their child but parents need to understand that when they choose to take certain parenting paths, they also have to do the work that comes along with it.