Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:40 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
I feel that pain! I was able to sneak in labs this morning, but only if I showed up as they were opening the doors. The stars alligned and I only to push back arrival time for one family. There is one road into town without gong 30 minutes around backroads. I came up on a wreck right after the police arrived, and made it past. two minutes later I got the mass text alert that they were closing that entire side of the highway. Had I been just a hair later I would've had to turn around and go home and reschedule the whole thing. And the docs all act it's no big deal to just "pop in and get labs".
I had an appointment this morning with an oncologist.
I was 12 minutes late when checking in. The receptionist picked up the phone and called back to the doctor to see if they would still see me. After getting the OK, she said "The Dr will see you but he won't be able to spend the whole hour with you because they need to stay on schedule"

I'm thinking "good, because it's a consult so I don't need an hour and since I was late and this IS part of MY hour, they should be standing around waiting for me."

Nope...took them another 20 minutes to call me from the waiting room and then another 5-10 minutes waiting in the exam room. That's where MY hour went...

Then the whole stupid visit lasted less than 10 minutes anyways and all I learned was what the oncologists children are doing for a living. fwiw~ One of them bakes pies in Vermont and the other one plays the saxophone for a local orchestra even though his live in girlfriend wants him to get a 'real' job.

The time frame doctor's use and the time frame the rest of the world uses are apparently very different.

Glad you got in to do lab work and made it back in time before you weren't able to!