View Single Post
Ariana 06:47 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
Definitely sounds like ASD. Does he talk at all?
I’m not sure. He is meeting almost all of his milestones, except for language. He can talk and does talk but it is never in a conversational type of way. He has a hard time understanding anything I say to him and he gets upset when I am trying to get him to do things for himself because he does not understand. There is another kid who is 3 that comes Wednesday and Thursday and when that kid is here he is more social with that kid but mostly follows him around. The other child engages with him like they are friends but when I observe it, it is just not like that at all. It is mostly the 3 year old telling him what to do and the 2.5 year old not understanding but trying to go along with it. The difference between them is crazy. They are 5 months apart but the 3 year old is so much more advanced.

It is SOOO hard to explain it! During times like these I wish I had coworkers who could observe the same behaviours. Whenever I chat with mom she sees nothing wrong with him, argues with me and dismisses me. I have just stopped discussing it.

Today at pickup I was trying to show him the difference between his backpack and another kids backpack and he burst into tears. He just seems so lost when I am speaking to him and I am so frustrated that no one else sees it! They must nit be talking to him at all or the tv is on all the time. No idea. Wish someone had some ideas on how to deal with it. I guess ignoring is all I can do.