View Single Post
Mike Lassiter 05:30 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
So you want me to tell the parents that thier child was praying so they should find a different DC? Please tell me why I should do this? I don't understand you reason for it.

It's not like the child is being shuned or not accpeted here. We love our friends and there is nothing wrong with what the girl did. I can't help it if there is a parent that does not agree with something someone did. Guess what, just like others said, this woman is in for a rude awakening for when her child goes to public school.

I really dont understand your advice.
No that wasn't what I meant. That child has every right to pray if she wants too. I meant tell the parent that was complaining about her praying; if it bothers her that much maybe she should look else where. I would expect later that she will find something else some other child says or does that she will take offense to. And again she will expect you to accommodate her wishes. I agree with you - there is NOTHING wrong with the child praying. So why should you try to fix something that ain't broke? If she wants to totally control the environment that her child is exposed to - perhaps she should keep her herself.
There is nothing about one child praying with another that should cause anyone to be offended. One child is raised up in a good and proper way, and influenced another child by doing what she was taught. That's heart warming in my opinion, because generally children learn things from their peers that aren't exactly what we want them to as their parents. I would be very proud of my child for it rather than looking to "protect" her from it.
The child seems to have better sense and judgement than the mother IMO.