View Single Post
daycare 11:01 AM 09-28-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I remember when I worked outside of the home. I worked afternoons from 2-10pm. Dh would work the day shift plus overtime. I would bring my dd to my mothers house so she can eat and take a nap and then I would go to work, dh would pick up and have dinner at my mothers house. The only time I had as a mother was the few hours in the morning, but the morning was so chiaotic trying to catch up on everything. Weekends, forget, I had to work weekends too. I felt that work made me so rushed, everything was a rush, hurry hurry hurry.

so when I had dd #2, I went back to work part time and tried to accomadate my dh's schedual. They wouldn't do it. I quit after going back for 2 weeks.

I'm going to tell you that you can not have the best of both worlds, someone will suffer and its usually the kids.

I found that my kids have benefited from me being home so much its crazy. I just don't understand how people who work outside the house function, oh wait I do, its not pretty.

and my kids are going to remember all the good stuff about me being home and how many warm cookies I make them when they come home from school instead of coming to a empty house. If I would have stayed at work, they would have replaced me the second i retired.

does it make a difference between mom and dad. I think it does. My back up is the sole provider (her ex is a loser) so the kids see all the things that a mom can do, even do the stuff a dad would do.

oh I acually keep up with the jones, the only difference is that all my stuff is second hand lol!
love your thoughts....... and I keep up with the jone's too....through ross clothing, good will and garage sales.... But my kids always have me and I know that no label or material thing would make them happier than that...............