View Single Post
Rachel 09:18 PM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
The increased number of stools is required by my licensor.

"Excessive" is up to my determination... I do realize that this one word could cause me issues if I ever needed to enforce it because parents will have their own opinion of what's excessive. Oh well... we'll figure things out.

Yes, I realize that yellow nasal discharge isn't necessarily anything to be concerned over, but ultimately it's my decision whether or not I feel like that yellow discharge will get all over our playroom and we'll all end up with it.

I exclude for immunizations because I care for such a young group and many are receiving certain vaccinations for the first time in their lives. Why would I want to be the one caring for them when a potential reaction could occur? Their parents should be.

You never know if you can swing certain policies in your community unless you actually try them out. Just because all other providers do things a certain way doesn't mean all parents are pleased with it.

In fact, I'm the only provider in my low income town that not only does not accept state assistance, but also requires a deposit. Still works for me!
I know I can't now, because I work for an organization and they have their own sickness policy (which is pretty strict).

I also like to write things out firmly, but sometimes it can come back to bite you in the bottom. By writing yellow discharge is an exclusion the same as fever, you aren't making it sound like your discretion. So one day a parent will come in with yellow and you will take the kid because it's not a problem,and little Johnny's parents will see Suzy there with yellow discharge and question why you are not following your policy.