View Single Post
Mom of 4 11:06 AM 05-24-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Um, the reason the provider might be "suckered" is because the majority of times kids are NOT getting fed. I can't tell you how many times I've had a parent come in after breakfast is served telling me "we didn't have a chance to eat, can they have something here?" Or they don't say anything but run out the door as they are dropping off so we can't even ask

As a parent, when my own children pull that business, I am proactive and tell the teacher what the deal is so they don't have to try to guess on top of the hundred other things they need to do/get done.
LOL I mean with MINE. I always feel bad for their teachers because of course, the teachers have hearts...and my kids KNOW it.

If a parent is not getting their chidl food, then that is a serious issue.

When I did my daycare, a parent tried that twice. Same lady too! First time, she had a waffle with peanut butter she wanted me to feed the kid. I made her turn around and feed her own kid in the car (Cant' even have nuts here) The second time, I told her that breakfast was over (we served at 6:30-7:30) she was late dropping off (9AM!) and she would have to feed the child something to hold over til snack (10:45). Lunch was at 1pm. She got it after I turned her away.