View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:29 AM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have no idea if they're on the food program. How would I find out?

I'm planning to talk to the director when I pick my daughter up tomorrow. I would have today, but she didn't work today. I haven't had any problems with this daycare before and I would really like for it to work out since most daycares here don't offer the hours I need, but I'm not okay with half a pop-tart for breakfast.
You would have signed an enrollment form upon starting child care there.

You can also ask if they participate in a USDA food program or if licensing regulations have specific requirements in regards to meals/snacks.

Also, is this not something you discussed during your interview with the child care? I would think if food (healthy foods) were an important topic for you, that this would have been discussed in detail when you were in the interviewing and touring stages of searching for care.

If you are simply using this facility because no one else offers the hours you need, then you are pretty much stuck with whatever meals they offer or finding another care option.

Providing healthy, well balanced meals is expensive and the costs of doing so is usually off set by participating with a food program but if a center or facility chooses not to participate then more than likely they either charge much higher rates to account for food costs or they simply serve the least expensive options...which unfortunately are usually the least healthy.