View Single Post
momofboys 11:30 AM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by kelliott:
i started my son at a new daycare in february. he liked it. this was a license facility located at the owners home. it was her and her daughter that ran the daycare together. altogether there are 4 of them in the family, one of which is a highschool boy who plays baseball. all members of this family refuse to miss any of his baseball games if they are located in town. at the start of my son attending they had me sign a contract and included a permission slip for transportation of my son to these baseball games if i could not pick him up before the game-i did NOT sign it. i work 8am-5pm everyday and the games start at 4:30 in which she said, at the time of signing up, that she would let me know the dates of these games. this week she had sent me a text message at 8PM the night BEFORE a baseball game telling me i had to leave work early the next day and pick up my son by 4pm so they could go to their game. with such short notice i was not able to leave work and she took my son to the game with her without my permission! so a couple questions..

is that even legal?

i immediately removed him from her daycare and he will not be going back because of what she did.. in her contract is states that she needs 4week notice and to be paid for that 4 weeks, but because she broke that part of the contract, do i still need to pay her?

can she send me to collections and have ground to stand on for payment?

I am curious as to why you signed up with her?? She did tell you she would not miss her son's games & I can't say I blame her. She should have possibly given you more notice BUT she did tell you in advance she wouldn't miss a game. I have 3 boys in baseball & would do the same in a heartbeat. My family has to come first. That said we never have games that early so I wouldn't be transporting kids to them.

I don't know about the contract although you did sign saying you would pay for 4 weeks. She should not have transported without notice but if she did give you notice of the game why did you not pick up on time????