View Single Post
amberrose3dg 03:40 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I have a hard time with the consequence of her loosing her child being considered as a portion of due punishment.

I don't think a parent should be charged any differently in the death or life altering injury of a child than a total stranger would be if said stranger c omitted the exact same act.

I think this mindset allows parents take dangerous risks with their child with confidence that because they are their child they can.

If this was any other non related caregiver they would be charged with murder. The baby is dead. It shouldn't matter the relationship with the caregiver.

She also had the extra abuse of breastfeeding a baby with coca in and weed in her system. Cocaine passes the placental barrier quickly and weed remains in the fat cells for a long time.

I wonder if she drove under the influence and killed her baby would the fact that she was punished enough with the loss of her child be taken into consideration in her sentencing?

I see this so much with positional asphyxiation. At some point we have to have the same expectation on proper placement in sleep as proper placement in car seats.
If someone else did this they would be in jail a long time. That shouldn't matter. The mom had a duty to protect her child. I'm sorry but drugs are not an excuse. I get tired of hearing about addicts getting a break cause they cannot help it. Start throwing them in jail for the crime they commit which is murder and maybe it will be a wake up call to them to sober up.