View Single Post
melilley 03:15 PM 01-19-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
LOL. I am so technologically challenged it's not funny. I just got my first laptop ever two months ago. I still have a "flip phone" and I just signed up for a facebook page to see pics of my ds at a classmate's birthday party! And none of my friends use facebook. I couldn't IMAGINE creating a website!!!! (would love to though!)

Ummmm..... deposit? I hadn't planned on it. Out of the 3 DC's I've used I never had to pay one. Not sure it's "the norm" around here. ? I have decided to charge a half rate holding fee for up to 4 weeks. (and full rate if they needed anything more than that.) I'm worried about scaring people off before they start if they start comparing me to all the other DCs. I know that I am taking my paperwork much more seriously than the ones I'm familiar with in terms of how I worded my handbook, contract, etc. I have gotten so many great ideas from this website that I keep changing/adding to it daily, which is part of the reason why I'm not actively advertising "just yet." I know I can't procrastinate too much longer though.

Would love to see your website! Are there any "Build-your-own-website-for-dummies" sites out there?
So funny, I just got rid of my flip phone..lol I am in the same boat as you! I too am writing my handbook and just when I think it's finished, I see something on this site and I go and change it! I had to finally had to give myself a timeline, I'm going to finish organizing all the paperwork tonight and advertising tomorrow, otherwise I'll never open!