View Single Post
melilley 04:17 PM 01-19-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
Sure that would be great. I got mine from somewhere online. One of those free form websites. It's sounds very "legal" but there are areas that I definitely need to change. There is a part at the end that says the contract is good for a year and no changes will be made until end of year unless both parties agree. That pretty much stops me from raising my rates if I desperately need to. Like anyone would agree to that if they didn't need to.

It's funny too because I want my contract to be really professional but my handbook is worded much "friendlier". I think part of me wants it to be easy-reading so there are no questions about my policies and the other part doesn't want to scare people away with it being to "mean". That can wait until they sign the contract.
Ok I will try to pm it to you. I have a part in my handbook and contract that says I can make changes to the policies or but I will give a two week notice. My handbook is friendly, but some of it is a little strict, I've learned what to be lenient on and what to be strict on from reading on here! My illness policy is strict and they have to sign and date it. I am an overly friendly person and it's hard for me to be strict, but after reading some things on here, I think I need to find my backbone that everyone keeps talking about.....lol