View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 01-20-2013
Originally Posted by Abigail:
If you're just opening it does not make any sense when you have all your spots available to charge a holding fee. A holding fee to hold their spot? A parent will just wait it out until the need you and save the money. If you only had one infant spot available and someone wanted it next month or something that would make sense, but not in general. Get where I am coming from? I charge a 1-time enrollment fee PER CHILD for $50 and it's non-refundable and due the day they sign the contract which is prior to starting my daycare.
I disagree. It is ALWAYS good business practice IMHO to charge a holding fee whether your spaces are available or not.

I advertise and interview at ALL times regardless of whether I have a space open or not.

In this business things change on a daily basis and I hvae never advertised that I do or don't have open spaces. Even when I just started out.

If the family is not looking to start immediately, charging a holding fee would still be something I recommend doing.

As far as enrollment fees, I have never charged one and have no plans of ever doing so.

I think deposits, enrollment fees and holding fees are specific to different areas and to each individual provider.