View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:08 PM 03-11-2013
Okay so I did it. I gave DCM her 2 weeks notice. I wrote her a nice termination letter with a vague "due to personal reasons" excuse but gave her a really great parting letter. All in all although I did have issues with her coming earlier than contracted she really was a great client and her DS was a great kid. The early drop-offs were the ONLY issue I had with her. She never lingered, she always paid on time or early, she never picked up late, she was never rude, she was always thoughtful and thankful etc. All in all I really was sad when it came time to give her the notice.

She did ask me why and was persistent and so I was honest with her and told her that because of my pregnancy I was cutting down on my numbers for PTers and getting one FT child. I also told her that the early hours were not working for me. She wasn't angry or upset and she thanked me. I did also give her a list of other FCC providers in the area and DCB is now old enough to go to pre-school so she has more options now than she did before. I wished her well and I will be seeing her again one more time for 2 days unless she finds child care arrangements sooner (I let her know that I would be willing to release her from her contract early). I gave her son a hug before she got here to start my "goodbyes" and almost cried.

Should I mention that this morning she was here at 7:12 am . (drop off is at 7:20)