View Single Post
momofboys 05:51 AM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by Persephone:
Well that didn't go well. The mom didn't even know what time the dad was coming. She was like "They'll leave at 2:00 today" And I quested her and she had no idea. Don't they talk at night?

Even though it says 'stick to you scheduled' or you pay overtime, she takes it as meaning anything over any time AFTER I would close for the day.

I told her that I don't have any other kids so when they leave I close.

I do have it wrote that I am open until 5:30. So I told her that was something for me to change later in my handbook.

She was like "Normally sitter charges for when they close, not when the kid leaves. You can't just charge if they come later"

She was not happy about it at all. I was very nice about it and changed the subject about her dog, which we're looking at getting. And left it on a good note.

I feel bad. I don't want to loss them but they are a pain sometimes.
that's why I don't have open/closed hours anymore. I only do the client's contracted hours. I have a form that is filled in showing the days of the week & the hours the client needs care. Then below that it is written that anything before or after the contracted hours will be charged an extra fee per hour or half hour or whatever. You based your fees on what hours she needed I assume so it is unfair for her to tack on extra hours. I'd strongly encourage you to write up a new contract regarding this client's hours & re-word it so you don't have the open/closing timeframes, just the client's work hours with 1/2 hr tacked on on each end for commute times.