View Single Post
Nurse Jackie 12:49 PM 04-23-2015
I am in the process of getting my license and trying to find out the average cost of home daycare in my area. This task has been the hardest thing ever. I took a couple classes and brought up the subject of pricing and how to find out the going rate in the area and everyone started looking up at the ceiling. Then I decided to call the resource and referral number in my area and the lady told me they don't give the prices but they could give me the number to providers in my area and I would have to contact them personally to find out. I contacted 2 via email through their website and honestly told them that I was in the process of opening a daycare and would they mind giving me the average price of daycare in the area. 1 totally ignored my email and the other one responded with a long email then at the end of the email told me to contact the county office of education. So I contacted the county office of education and guess what they told me to do? call the resource and referral number so I could get the number to local providers in my area and ask them. So then I took a different approach and called a few providers pretending to be a parent and majority had a waiting list and the others wanted me to come in for an interview. This is the problem I'm having if you have a full roster why would you have a problem telling me the average prices its not like Im taking any business from you? Sorry for the long vent