View Single Post
legomom922 05:26 AM 11-17-2010
What I did was to have all the info in the handbook, and the contract had no info on it other than the simple things like start date, hrs, days etc. I also have a line that says I have read the complete daycare handbook and agree to all terms and policies in the handbook and all handbook is part of this contract. Then they sign it. So they are signing that they have read the handbook and agree to all policies in the handbook. So if ever they want to argue with you, or they say they didnt know about a policy, you can tell them that they signed the contract stating they read, understood and agreed! I did it this way because otherwise, when they sign teh contract, they think they are only agreeing to the things that are written in your contract, not the handbook. I also have in my handbook that I have the right to to change any policy or rate depending on certain circumstances for clients. So that way if you say in your handbook that you charge $30/day, you still have the right to charge another client $20/day and that change you put in your contract. Nobody should ever find out anyway, but you still reserve that right, and you do not have to explain yourself to anybody.