View Single Post
Annalee 10:47 AM 09-29-2020
My niece called me mid week last week having trouble getting her 6 month old to lay in her bed in her own room and asking for help.....I shared "time is of the essence and it may take several nights of crying but it is for the betterment of the child to get her in her own bed, especially since a sibling is on the way". She wanted to bring her to me but I suggested me staying at her house instead so it would be the child's bed. Well, anyway, she decided it was her responsibility and she would take care of it.

Fast forward to near a week later and three nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri) of screaming and she went to sleep wonderfully Saturday night on her own and only woke up once for a bottle. I had been keeping her about once a week as my niece is working from home due to covid since March. Upon my suggestion, she has come this week every day and has laid in her bed at nap sleeping.

So proud of my niece as this was very difficult for her but she is so thankful as she said she had forgotten what a good nights sleep felt like but now she remembers.