View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:42 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
Gosh Vanessa tell us how you really feel!

I am lucky to have my wife. She stuck with me through thick and thin when we were younger and I will never forget her for it. She always asks or phones me if she can buy this or do that and I tell her she doesn't need to ask me. I trust her but she asks anyway. There needs to be respect in any relationship for it to last.
Don't get me wrong, I love him do death and I say it playfully. There are plenty of things that my DH does that are wonderful and considerate that far outweigh the bad. It's just sometimes he gets into this "I'm the next closest thing to God" mentality, no joke he really says that, and I have to bring him back down to earth.

I find that (in our case) he doesn't realize that some things he does are a big deal to me and are important no matter how many times I tell him. If in his mind things are not a big deal or there is a better way then his way is the way. It's difficult for him to see things from another person's perception and reality is perception, people always see things differently. I just remind him by playing tricks on him and that helps him see and gets me results. In a lot of ways he's a lot like a daycare parent ... if it doesn't inconvenience him in any way then it's not on his mind. The mountains saying is just a reminder that I'll do anything for him but don't take it for granted, reciprocate ... like if you're sick and I ALWAYS take care of you and make you soup then warm up a damn bowl of soup in the microwave for me the ONE TIME that I get sick .