View Single Post
morgan24 11:20 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
It's been 2 1/2 years since I was inspected and in this particular closet I didn't have them locked, just up high. So I guess you're right, but if I want to have them on lower shelves, then I guess I'd have to have it locked. I still wonder about the basement door though. Last time I had one of those plastic pieces that snaps together that fits loosely on the handle. An adult has to squeeze it to turn the door knob. The kids are not able to do that. I don't want to use that, I'd rather just lock the door. I'm assuming that's fine.
I would think that’s fine too. I had the door going to the basement locked at my previous house but it was the kind you had to put a wire key into it to unlock.

I had a visit 2 years ago in May to add my basement added as licensed space. The stairs didn’t have a handrail on them. My consultant was training the consultant that was taking over his part of this area. They approved my basement. Then when I had to renew my license in December she came alone and gave me a violation for not having a hand rail on my stairs. I did ask her why they didn’t tell me that in May because I would of already had it done. She said they must of not noticed. I think they all interpret the rules different.