Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Ac114 01:08 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
My nephew is the same way. His mom gave him Kool-Aid and Hawaiian Punch in his baby bottles, fed him McDonald's French Fries every day, candy and chocolate pudding. He refuses all other foods, and when he was 2 she took him to be evaluated and he was diagnosed with SPD. I 100% believe this to not be an accurate diagnosis because when he would come to us for weekend to week long visits he would start off refusing to eat but by the end of the weekend he was eating what was served to him. He realized we weren't going to give in and give him junk. Now at 5, years of his mother's lazy parenting have destroyed his eating habits, he has fillings or caps on every baby tooth in his mouth, and his mom still believes he has an autisim spectrum disorder instead of stepping up and parenting.
That is the WORST kind of parenting. I have a few friends like that. One of my girlfriends had to take her son to the local children’s hospital to be put out for dental work on his baby teeth. Like needed a root canal at the age of 5. He lives of Reese cups. My 8 and 4 year old have never had a cavity.