View Single Post
gumdrops 11:40 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Keeping the 2 part timer half day students vs enrolling 4 full time M-F students is a difference of $550 per month. There would be no difference in time worked either. My earliest student M-F is contracted for a 6:30am arrival and my latest departure is 5:00pm. So... it's not like keeping the 2 part time half day kids would give me less hours worked. Otherwise, I would consider keeping them.

I have two options:

1) Notify parents now, that beginning in August I will no longer be accepting part timers. Enroll my MWF kid who is starting in August on a full time basis and allow the family who wants to reserve a spot for their child to begin paying to reserve the spot (50%) of tuition.

Or

2) Notify parents now that beginning in Jan I will no longer be accepting part timers. Keep my DCK beginning in August on his current MWF schedule and notify mom that he can go full time the beginning of Jan. See if she is okay waiting. I am not sure that she is. She is looking for a position within a firm and is unsure she can find a part time lawyer position. Tell the family who wants to pay to hold their child's spot to pay a deposit and allow them to pay full time tuition in Jan when she is chronologically eligible for enrollment.
I would be careful with promising the FT spots before you talk to your PT parents first. They may want to upgrade to FT then you'll have 2 families expecting the spot.