View Single Post
e.j. 12:36 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me too but this kind of information is what confuses me...
If we can still carry and spread the virus, wouldn't it make sense to quarantine if exposed? I don't know, I know wearing a mask, social distancing and washing our hands helps a ton I know I'd feel horrible if I spread it to one of my DCK's after I knew I was exposed... know what I mean?
I agree with you! It doesn't make sense to me that on the one hand, they say we still need to follow all other covid protocols after getting the vaccine but now we don't have to quarantine if exposed? Maybe as long as we're vaccinated and wearing the mask and distancing ourselves, they figure we're even less as apt to pass the virus along?? Now with all of the different variants of the virus popping up and no one seeming to know for sure if the vaccine will be effective against all of them, I wonder if they'll back track at some point and recommend quarantining again.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I've heard some people say they felt so bad they thought they were dying... and others say it was tough but not that bad.

I am sure it's different for everyone but personally I am terrified of the fall out from the second dose, not so much for me but for my husband. As a type 1 diabetic, they don't fight off things like regular people. Heck, the stomach flu put him in the ICU for 4 days a few years back.
That's awful! I can understand why you're concerned. It really does seem to be an individual thing where some people feel fine after their shots and others seem to have harsher side effects. I hope your husband does ok with his second shot.