View Single Post
Mad_Pistachio 11:46 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by :
Most of You Feel Parents Are a Pain in the Backside
*in defence of the providers*
because we ARE a pain in the backside! gosh... I mean, take one parent who demands some special treament for a special Snowflake (she likes THIS blankie, and her broccoli cut/served THIS way, and she hates to be told "no," and she sleeps whenever she sleeps, who cares when your nap time is... and so on, and so forth), and then multiply this by the number of children in a group - what, 6-12? - and you got a bunch of hens quacking about their special Snowflakes. then add the parents who want to plop a child in the daycare every day, including Sunday (I know some work Saturdays - and I have no idea how they survive), sick and without an extra diaper or change of clothes... and throw in the ones coming to pick up way too late, not giving a single thought that a provider has a life and needs to clean up after their children...
yes, we ARE a pain in the backside.
you have no idea how enlightening this forum has been for me. some things were, like, "oh, wow, I had no idea that was even an issue!" - which made me, in turn, change a few of my habits. it is beneficial to see the other side of the story, uncomfortable as it may be.

but guess what? we all are pain in other people's tails. one drive down the freeway will give you a few nice examples.

oh, by the way, while I am at it. my DC director's relative
(not sure which one or from which side) just died from cancer, but I did not find out from her (someone just gossipped about that... gross, I know, but I can't UNhear it). do I need to send a card or say something? or will I look like I am spreading that gossip? on one hand, I want to speak up, and on the other, I want to stay out of what's not my business...