Thread: Medications
View Single Post
Mad_Pistachio 03:48 PM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I would find out what the culture is first. She may not even need the medicine in the first place. (anti virals are kind of pointless in my book, just a disclaimer)
If she needs the meds, I would find a way to give them on your time. Early morning, after daycare, right before bed, ect. If that is not possible, then I would go in later on Monday so I have time to speak with someone and explain the situation. (On a side note, I would be hesitant to allow her return to daycare until the culture come back for the finger. I don't exclude for cold sores, but a mysterious finger condition would make me nervous (HFM, staph, ect.)
that's the point: they should find out on Monday, and until then, she is on both. I, too, see antivirals somewhere near homeopathic remedies, but I trust our ped's office: they had her since birth.
unlless I am turned away at the door, she is going: I kept her home all week, I can't anymore. (and if I am turned away, I'm calling my husband, and it's his turn to sit with her. it's enough I put my classes on hold pretty much.)

if I could do it on my time, I would. the instructions is 6 hours between doses, and, again, I can't pick up at 2 for meds. just can't. not anymore.