View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:52 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by DanceMom:
No no, you took that wrong...They are not MY boss and I do not feel that they are my boss , I am very clear to them that I am a business owner and I call the shots in my business, they do not tell ME what to do ever - what I am saying is I am here for them. My job is to provide a service to them so that when they leave my house they can leave it daycare stress free. If they are a few minutes late picking up, a few minutes early dropping off, because they have to get to work early or had to work late or traffic sucked etc..I dont need to be another part of their already stressful day - I worked outside of the home and I know how hard it was to get to daycare on time and to pick up my child for every little sniffle, while of course I complied and understood completely it was very hard to do at times. NONE of my families take advantage of me, they respect me to the fullest as I do them as working parents. So I let a lot of "little" things slide...the things I let slide do not impact me, their children or my business whatsoever..if it did..then I wouldnt let them slide.
Oh I see what you meant now. I am sorry! I know of some daycares who consider the parents as their boss, and I just can't imagine that. And one provider has even told me that I need to "give in" to the parents because they are my boss. This was over something like payment, I think, which was already clearly outlined in the signed contract.
So...never mind my previous post! lol