View Single Post
Willow 07:44 AM 03-19-2013
Via Email:

Dear Child's Mom,

I wanted to take a moment to address a couple of things that will hopefully help drop off's run a little more smoothly. I've noticed kiddo struggling lately and I'm sure that has to bother you as much as it bothers me! In the time I've been doing care I've noticed that the more extended the transition time, the harder it seems to be on the child. I really do think a quick smooch and wave could help him get an easier start to the day! If you are confident, that confidence will transfer. If however you keep coming back because you sense something is wrong, or you believe your child will be upset if you leave, then unfortunately they will pick up on that and it does cause a lot of anxiety. I know you have the best intentions, but I do hope you can trust me on this and be open to trying a new routine for little Johnny in the mornings!

It'll also help me get back to the rest of the group more quickly. I don't mean to be picky, but licensing has some pretty specific rules about quick transitions to preserve the safety and confidentiality of all children in care. Just as I'm sure you likely wouldn't feel comfortable with other parents being in my home and around your child without the proper background clearances, you can appreciate why this is so important. Licensing has been cracking down on this issue in particular lately and I don't want to end up cited for it!

If you have any questions feel free to shoot them my way, your cooperation is much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Provider

When in doubt - distribute sympathy, understanding and in the end blame licensing to take the heat off yourself when you have a parent that's that over the top