View Single Post
snbauser 11:55 AM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I personally drink from my own water bottle the next day sometimes still but unfortunately licensing and public health does not agree with this at daycare.

I don't think it is a big deal at all.

But we were told that the bacteria that begins to form IS harmful to them. Their germs might not be, but the bacteria from their mouths is.

I'll see if I can find the sheet they gave us or a link I can post.
When I was a large family daycare (licensed as a center in a residence here), we were not allowed to refill the cups. I could use reusable cups but once they were empty, they needed to be washed and sanitized before we could refill them. I used reusable cups and just had a few extra dixie cups if they finished their water. Now that I am family childcare again (5 or less kids) I am no longer required to follow sanitation rules. My kids all have their own cup on the table with their names on them (I only do 2 1/2 -5 so they can read their names). If they want a drink in between meals/snacks, they can go to the table and get a drink. They are not allowed to walk away from the table with them though. When I have new kids it is a novelty and they drink quite a bit the first few days. After that it isn't as exciting and there are some days they don't even touch them.