View Single Post
daycare 07:59 AM 09-22-2015
I think that it starting to become more of what parents are being sold.

here in california we have a program called first 5. I believe that they are the largest agency that provide resources to children from zero to 5. Most of the catering from this agency is for low income children.

Well this agency advertises EVERY WHERE. in these ads, they say a child learns the most from zero to age 3, so get your child learning, teach your child, do this, do that and etc.

I participate with this agency and i don't practice a lot of what they have set for their curriculum, but I would honestly say that it is an amazing organization over all.

I honestly can tell you that when i have a child come in at 18 months and stay with me for a least two years, I have those children reading. the earlier they get subjected to a learning environment, the earlier they pick it up. They are building good habits.

the older the child is when they come in 3 and up, I have a much harder time getting them to break old habits and grasp the idea of learning.

I don't agree with doing ditto sheets or anything of that nature. learning is fun and if it's not fun for the kids, then they are will not learning.