View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:39 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by VirginiaMom:
1. Is hitting/pushing enough to kick a toddler out of daycare? When is it a 'phase' and when is it too much? I understand it will vary by provider but am just looking for some opinions.

2. What are some other ways daycare and I can work together to encourage her to be nice to all of her friends at school?

3. If you have any ideas or insight and advice, please feel free to share with me. I am learning as I go since she is my first child. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this daycare and my worst fear is that she'll get kicked out

Thank you for reading!
1. A. Yes, physical violence is enough to terminate a childcare contract. It is generally the biggest cause.

1. B. It is age appropriate and expected behavior (at 2.5 WITH extreme life changes) BUT if the provider has no *legal* way of separating a violent child from the group (when she cannot directly shadow) it can quickly become too large an issue to manage in group care.

2. Your provider (or you) should schedule a conference to work out a mutually agreed upon *written* behavior modification plan (sticker charts, color wheels, privilege loss, etc.). This should come with a deadline for improvement. (this solves the issue about 99% of the time, IMHO ) Teamwork + Consistency moves mountains.

3. See #2 and http://www.buzzle.com/articles/behavior-charts/ (behavior charts for ideas)