View Single Post
Unregistered 10:44 PM 08-04-2017
So yesterday, I was fired for saying a child was having a temper tantrum at dinner. She was throwing food and screaming and had to be removed from the room. Apparently another memeber of staff reported me to the supervisor who called me in to her office and told me they were letting me go. She said I don't listen and am gobby. I'm only 18 so am finding it really hard to process this. I said it to the colleague after I was asked what was wrong with said child. My employer told me I had broken confidentiality and it was completely illegal! She also said because I was standing and the gate and a parent spoke to me was a huge deal because I shouldn't be speaking to them or anywhere near the gate ( even though I was handing out breakfast and that is where the trolley is). As soon as the parent started speaking, I said hi to them and their child then after polite small talk, went back to work. We must have spoken for less than a minute and now this!!
Am I in the wrong? I didn't really want this job, more something based with older children ( I worked in a preschool) but I'm still questioning whether I should be pursuing a career in childcare. The employer is known for being really difficult and firing people a lot but I honestly didn't think I'd done anything wrong. I need help!!