View Single Post
nannyde 07:10 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
While this is all good and true - none of this takes into account that a care provider may not have 20 minutes to focus on feeding one child or considers the impact a fussy child can have on the group as a whole.

I respect every parents right to decide what's best for their child, but if they are choosing daycare then they have to also be flexible when it comes to preparing their child for a smooth and successful day at daycare
Yup
This is why a portion of my rates are based on breastfeeding babies one to one time for feeding and prep/storage/parent conferencing etc.

I give a daily rate discount to formula fed babies because the feed time, prep (seconds) and parent conferencing is so dramatically less.

Breast fed babies are IMHO more labor intensive but it's easy work. Just takes more time so it's more expensive. I base my rates on that amount of one to one with parent and child and then discount formula fed babies because their feeding needs are much less time consuming.

Now every baby is different of course so you can have formula babies who have medical situations that increase feed times or change the way you feed. Breast fed babies can also have the same issues so it's a wash.

It's strictly the average time to manage breast milk, paced feedings, and the parent conferencing that I base a portion of my rates on. I discount that portion for formula fed.

Time is money whether it's one to one care for feeding or one to one care behavior, cloth diapering etc. Charge accordingly and the issue of whether or not you have time will be gone.