Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
The carseat is not recalled and if it was in a car accident and damaged, it would be noticable? Ive never bought a new carseat for my son. For every stage I bought one from a thrift store. I even was in a car accident and the carseat did its job. So i dont worry about that at all. Even if they dont want ro buy used, they can just buy another new one. Its reallt not THAT expensive Lol. & especially since its not the same parent picking up everyday, they should really save themselves some hassle and just buy another one.
I wish I put it in my policy about carseats, but I thought everyone was like me and bought more than one. Thankfully I am renewing contracts this month and can make changes!
I agree that seats aren't that expensive and am also happy to hear you are going to make policy changes...it will save you the headache for sure.

I don't have kids in car seats any more and don't transport kids but used seats aren't safe for many reasons and just because nothing bad has happened while using a used seat, it still doesn't mean it's safe or recommended.

I know there is a ton of info out there about this topic and to each his/her own (I'm not lecturing ) I still feel better mentioning it/ Someone else might come along and read this thread and learn something new

Quick google search: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...ar-seats-safe/