View Single Post
bluemoose_mom 08:13 PM 04-26-2012
I've used this site for the last 2 months to help me start my in home daycare but now that I officially have my license, I'm looking for some more personalized tips and suggestions. Before I had my 2 1/2 year old DD (I've stayed home with her since birth), I worked in a large-ish (100 kids) center for five years, primarily in the 1 1/2 to 3 year old range, but I have extensive experience with birth to 12 years. I also did some minor office work, so I'm acquainted with that aspect. My biggest issues is taking that experience with kids and translating it to home daycare. Trying to get stuff done while entertaining my own child is tough enough, now adding more kids and more mess...makes me a little overwhelmed. Not to mention, beyond the age difference in schoolers, I've only ever cared for one specific age group before. How does it work with possibly five different ages?! I'm good on my policies and handbook--it's 12 pages long, and my social worker said it was perfect. I really just need tips for daily routines in the home environment. I'm planning artwork/traditional table time activities and what not (I do them any way with DD) but...well, mixing the two is kinda stressing me. Not to mention meal time...how on earth do you cook when you have all these kids of different ages??? Thank you to anyone who is willing to respond! My first DCG, aged 7 months, arrives on monday and I need some destressing tools!!