View Single Post
ammama 11:51 AM 02-15-2011
I wish I had a bit more space. All of your comments have made me want to expand my art area a bit. Right now I only have my kids table (fits 3 children and their papers) with the crayons at it, which also converts to my water/sensory table when I pull the big bin out and put in on top. My main floor (daycare area) is only 550 sq feet, and we really don't leave this space often at all.

They also always have access to the giant 4 foot by 8 foot long chalkboard and chalk. Actually, this might be a good solution for some who really want to give the kids the ability to colour whenever they want, but have younger kids who eat/mark on the walls - my dck's (and kids) love the chalkboard, and chalk is so easy to clean off everything. All 6 kids can fit at once, and it is taller than they are (I have it right at floor level), so they can draw BIG.

I really can't fit another center area in my playroom, and my living room is off limits for kids art supplies (not that i have any room in there anyway).