View Single Post
JoseyJo 07:25 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have been with my provider for 5 years, my oldest is in Kindergarten and my youngest is 4 and goes daily. In times where my oldest doesn't have school I have to take him there and she requires him to lay down. I recently asked if he could stay up and just do quiet time as he is perfectly able being he is in all day Kindergarten. She said she doesn't have a place for him to do just that. He hates lying down with the little kids and I just don't really agree with it. I am all for naps don't get me wrong, but for a 6 1/2 year old, I am a bit disappointed by her response and am just curious what other providers think about this.
I appreciate your input.
Some states require that all children lay down for a quiet time each day. Kansas does. My surveyor said that every child in care, regardless of age, must lay down for a minimum of 30 minutes. If the child is still awake after that time then another quiet activity can be given to them, such as reading books quietly on their mats. If the child falls asleep within that time frame we are not supposed to wake them up.