View Single Post
Crystal 07:20 AM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:

The day that we're going to spend tens of thousands of dollars so my wife can get a degree to change diapers and wipe runny noses for the current going rate for daycare is the day that I order a custom sleeper semi and we start running team together.
WOW! Do you really believe that your wife's responsibility to the children she cares for stops at changing diapers and wiping noses? I would hope that most providers take more responsibility than that and would like to think that they feel they are contributing to the overall development of the whole child and assisting them in developing the skills necessary to grow up socially responsible and contributing memebrs of society. In order to do so, there needs to be a deep understanding of the development of children and developmentally appropriate practices.

Really, you should give your wife more credit than that.

And to your wife who I know is a member here, please do not be offended by my response, I DO give you more credit than that, I have read your posts and it is clear that you care deeply about the children you work with.