View Single Post
daycarediva 09:00 AM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am not hired by anyone.

Parents buy the services I offer but I am not hired help.

Stop trying to make excuses as to why parents can't parent. If their child is spending an entire day with a child care provider and only getting 2 hours of face time a day with their child, I think someone should be re-thinking their priorities.

Doing this for the paycheck? Damn right I am!

Why do you think I should put my love and concern about a child above my want/need for a paycheck when you obviously aren't holding parents to the same concept?

Stop thinking its a providers job to parent.

Provider = provides care and supervision to a child when parents are at work.

Parent = responsible for the behavior, the morals and the overall health and condition (physically, emotionally and mentally) of the child.

Nope, I don't see "parenting" in any part of my job description.

It's MY job to do what is best for ALL children in my GROUP care program. If one is a biter and poses a continuous threat or risk to the other children, then the biter goes.

If that doesn't work for the parent, they can HIRE a nanny.

Nannies work FOR parents.

I can manage to work 60 hours a week (as a provider) and parent my children (who are not with me during the day/at school)

I prep everything and am completely ready before I get my kids up in the morning. They get a healthy breakfast and face time.

My dinners are prepped in the morning, crockpot, or made together as a family. I can grill while my kids play outside and interact with them then. I can cook while my kids are playing in the dining room or doing homework and talk to them. There are MANY MANY opportunities for QUALITY time. Working full time is NO EXCUSE not to be able to spend time with your children. Not to be able to parent them.

I do household things after my kids are fed, played outside, given showers, have done homework, and we read together. That means I'm up until 11-12 when I have to be up at 4:30am to get ready for MY children AND to go to work (daycare provider) myself.

Suck it up buttercup. Being a working mom means you have two full time jobs.