View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:01 AM 12-31-2019
How do you deal with having given many years of your life to people of an age where they will forget you - and maybe, parents who will forget you too or who dont think you're that important because their kid will forget you?

This part of your post stuck out to me.

I manage the above easily because my expectations are clearly different. I don't expect the kids in my care to remember me, my name etc... but I do expect them to use the foundation (person) I helped build and shape into a good adult.

I expect manners to be remembered, independence skills and confidence that was taught to remain with them their entire lives.

They may not remember ME personally but they do remember the things they learned, felt and experienced; all
part of the adult they are.

I kind of feel like expecting them to remember you by name is more of a personal need of yours (general you) verses of importance for them.

Kids under 5 hardly know themselves and who they are let alone the world they live in so remembering their daycare provider personally isn't exactly priority in the grand scheme of things.

I think the impact you as a provider makes in the lives of children is remembered though.

It reminds me of that saying: