View Single Post
momofsix 12:16 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Yes, he is sleeping in the morning, if I let him. But he needs his afternoon nap also. He can't physically go all morning OR all afternoon without a nap. Otherwise he is CRANKY all day long. So just letting him have his normal morning nap (as his only nap) doesn't work. If he doesn't get both, he's tired and cranky.

Dcb is in a pnp in my bedroom (just off the living room) with 1-2 other children. The other children are in no way keeping him up - they fall right to sleep and only wake up because dcb is screaming. The room is not completely dark, but it never has been, and he sleeps just fine in the morning. I have calming music on low. He uses the same pnp every day, every nap. It's in the same position as it always is. If he NEVER slept, I would think about trying mixing things up a bit (moving pnp, etc) but he does fine in the a.m. Not that i don't appreciate the suggestions, because I absolutely do!! The more brainstorming, the better the chance that I'll find something that will work! So thank you for your ideas
Is there anything different happening in the morning then in the afternoon? If he's sleeping good in the morning, then it's confusing that he's not in the afternoon.
I had one that had a tough time transitioning out of her morning nap and was an awful sleeper too. I only let her sleep for 15 minutes in the morning-it was enough to keep her from being cranky, and yet short enough that she would be tired in the afternoon. I actually let her sleep right in the playroom for her morning nap and it worked out really well! Could you shorten morning nap at all?
Maybe he's not tired enough for a good afternoon nap?