View Single Post
gbcc 06:42 AM 02-06-2010
I am lenient to a point. If everyone is complaining about weather and I can see it's bad then of course I will not charge. If only one parent who has a habit of being late to begin with, makes the claim I will charge.

For instance, I had one parent who was always 10-20 minutes late during good weather. One day she showed up 45minutes late claiming it was the weather. Now, all my other families were on time, had no issues or complaints. I explained this to her. (My late fees are $5 if it's within the first 10 minutes, $1 per minute after.) So this women had $40 in late fees which was also $10 less then her wkly fee! I fealt she was using the weather to get out of paying it. She complained about needing to pay because she couldn't help the weather. I let her go with 2 wks notice. This had been going on for 4 months and I continued to address it with her. This night my dog who was very sick had a vet appt that I had to miss and then pay outragious e-vet bills because I didn't think it should wait until the next business day. So I got charged $90 for the e-vet, paid the $45 fee for missing my original appt, the extra gas money to get to the e-vet that was 20 mintues away. So maybe I was overly emotional but my child had arrived late to games, my dog missed appointments and I wasn't willing to do it any longer.