View Single Post
countrymom 06:10 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by awilliams123:
You came in this forum asking for people's advice. I gave you mine. If all you wanted was sympathy then perhaps you should have asked for that instead of advice. If you don't agree with my method, that's ok. But don't ask for different advice if all you want to hear is more of the same stuff you've already been doing that hasn't worked for you at all. You say you've received a lot of criticism, are you sure it was criticism or just advice you didn't like or agree with. When you enter a public forum and ask for advice or opinions you have to be open to hearing all sorts of opinions. People are different and have different views about how things should be done. Spanking children has been used as a form of discipline for hundreds of years by parents of all cultures, and has been very effective. As a child care provider I don't nor would i ever spank any of my kids, but with my own kids i did and they have all grown up to be very good, decent well respected men and women. They aren't psychologically damaged. There's a difference in spanking a child and abusing them. I didn't hit them with objects, lock them in closets or starve them, I simply spank them on the bottom and it worked. I still say that you need to take control of your daughter and stop allowing her to control you. Sometimes parenting requires tough love. Kids are smart. They know who will tolerate bad behavior and who won't. If you want change, it must first start with you!!!!
I agree with you. The more I think and read about this post, I have to say this. First you said that when she was a toddler she was bad. Well guess what toddler are bad, they are exploring their world, they push you to the limits.

also, children are not born bad (ok some are born with issues) but most are not, she didn't become violent over night along with the tempertantrums.

also, I don't understand why everyone keeps suggesting medical things wrong with her when even her own dr. can't figure it out. Maybe it acually does stem from you. You did say that you are at a low point in your life, well it will affect your children. Just because 2 of the other children are fine doesn't mean nothing, they just may be have better coping skills.

I find it odd that people wouldn't support your dicision in helping your child unless there is more to your story, because I know not every family is supportive but there is always some that will support you because it involves a child.

you've been given alot of suggestions, good luck to you but your child's not going to get better if you can't get better yourself.