Thread: A No Toy Week??
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 AM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallina View Post
Also, another point that Nannyde brought up was that the children will enjoy anything new and novel for a week.

Did I say that?

I didn't speak of your children. You know your group best. You know what you can and can't do. I think you have mentioned that they are over the age of two and all are part time for a few hours a day? I think I remember that?

If so, I couldn't compare my group to yours. The population is as opposite as could be. Mine are currently 18 months to 4.5 and are all full time. They have been here their whole lives.

I don't have kids currently that started as anything BUT babies and all of them come Monday thru Friday for nine hours or less. That's very different than your population.

I think it's exciting for you and your crew. I couldn't manage it but I have a completely different set up and many many years of doing this. I also have a second person I employ so I have to consider her costs and what work needs to be done operating this longstanding business.

It's good to have a niche and this could well be one for you to try out. Mine is that I'm a RN, we have a one to four ratio, organic foods, a long solid sleep time, and outdoor walking every possible day. With the focus on food, exercise, sleep, and free play we don't have enough hours in the day to accomplish much more.

I can't wait to hear how it works for you. I have heard of some versions of this but haven't known anyone to go whole hog as you describe. I think if I understand your crew stats that you have a perfect set up to give it a shot. It's a wondeful idea.