View Single Post
Unregistered 05:52 AM 09-06-2014
Originally Posted by racemom:
I would talk to the director and her current teacher. The teacher she has now will be able to give you an idea why she is being moved. Not only in words but in the way she says it. If the teacher truly thinks she is ready, I would probably let her go. If it is just money, then I would insist they keep her in the smaller class. Find out, because she may be bored and ready for some more advanced class, in which case you probably will want her moved. If it is a numbers game, then I would say no.
Thats a good idea, I think I'll mention it to her teacher on Monday and see what her reaction is. There are a lot of pros to moving her up (she will get to do all the older kid programs that she sees DS doing, and she has been acting like a "baby" (pretend baby talk/crawling) so going up with the big kids will probably stop that behavior). My hesitation is that DS was moved up prematurely and I vowed to never go down that path again. I get a "note" at least every 2-3 weeks outlining inappropriate behavior (chewing his shirt collar, saying threats: ex he told another child his imaginary elephant was going to sit on him, running in to the walls on purpose, etc...I'm beginning to suspect sensory processing issue with him, but that is a whole other topic).

Ultimately, I come to decisions slowly and I hadn't quite processed this decision, so I think that is why I may have over reacted.