View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:11 PM 07-11-2016
I'm sure just barely losing your job AND being told you still owe your provider $1400 to boot, well it's got to be about as much as a mom can take. I'm sorry you're going through all of this. I hope, in your case, maybe your dcprovider can work with you somehow. But please don't take your unfortunate experience out on the providers here; you don't know any of us. Myself, I've tried to work with my dcfs in the past; I'm sure others here figure me for a sap. I admit I haven't much of a backbone when it comes to running the business side of child care. But after having lost quite a bit of money by being nice to a dcf this past winter, I've learned that my finances and my life matter also.
Tell me, do you still have to pay a mortgage or any other loans, your electric bill, cell phone bill, and all of those? Or will they take a look at your dilemma and let you not pay them? You can still use your provider until your notice runs out, to look for other work. Unless of course you called her what you called us here.
Oh and not everyone requires a month's notice for leaving. My policies state 2 weeks. So yes, reading, understanding and abiding by your signed contract does come into play.