View Single Post
daycare 11:07 AM 09-26-2012
my advice here is to only take the only family that will give you the most money and meets the hours of care you want to provide. If you plan on always offering to work weekends then take the boys.

if you only want to work m-f, then take the full time child.

In CA if you get caught watching more than one family at time, it's a big fine and you may risk the chance of getting licensed all together.

Dont worry about information you don't have. like the facility number and fill out everything you do know or can get the information for. Fill out every single box leaving no blanks. Once you turn it in, it will take about 1-3 months for them to get you licensed. This is saying that there is nothing on your record during the background or no major changes to your house, like having to fence a pool.

I would not advertise anymore until you know you are well on your way. I advertised for one family to start, then after that, once I was on my way and had my visit with my analyst, I had a better idea of when I would be able to take kids. I asked her can I start advertising and she said I could not advertise until I got my facility number. YOu will get your number only when you are approved.

Hang in there....I am sure it will all workout.